At Great Hearts schools, the student uniform is an essential part of who we are and what we do. The uniform serves to unify our students as one community of learners, irrespective of our diverse backgrounds. The uniform also signifies to the larger community our common purpose and identity as schools in pursuit of the true, the good, and the beautiful. Finally, the uniform frees our students to pursue their intellectual and moral development as individuals, without the distractions of fad and fashion. True individuality is formed in the heart and mind, not in appearances.
North Phoenix Prep is proud to partner with Anton Uniforms. Uniforms are now available for purchase at https://antonuniforms.com/collections/north-phoenix-prep.
NPX Uniform and Dress Code
All students wear:
- Polo shirt – short or long sleeved with embroidered school crest. Color choice varies by grade – available only from Anton
- Dress Slacks or shorts – Khaki must with wear brown or black belt – may be purchased from any vendor
- Girls may wear school plaid skirt – available from Anton Uniforms
- Sweater or Pullover with embroidered school crest black –only available from Anton
Middle School Students – Grades 6 – 8
- Polo color choices are white or black
High School Students – Grades 9-12
- Polo color choices are burgundy or black
High School Students – Grade 11 – optional uniform choices
- White oxford shirt, long-sleeved with white buttons, left breast pocket and embroidered school crest – available from Anton
- Necktie – custom, available for purchase from North Phoenix Prep
- A black blazer will be introduced to the Junior class uniform during a Blazer Ceremony in the fall of 2016
- Please do not acquire a blazer until more details are shared
Shirts – Shirts must be fully buttoned (only collar button may remain unbuttoned), and always remain tucked in so that dress belt may be seen. Undershirts must be solid white and otherwise unseen.
Skirt – The skirt hem may be no higher than just above the knee both in front and back. Skirts must be worn at the waist and hem should be within two inches of the ground when kneeling on a level surface.
Dress Slack/Shorts – Properly fitting khaki dress slacks are worn at the waist with a solid dark colored dress belt. Khaki walking shorts are only permitted during hot weather months (August to Fall Break, then Spring Break to May).
Footwear – All students wear black or brown dress shoes. Middle school students may wear solid black sneakers, not exceptions to solid black will be permitted.
Socks must be khaki or black. Socks must be crew length or knee high and cannot have a visible logo. Girls may wear knee socks or tights. Leggings are not acceptable.
View examples of acceptable footwear and socks.
Hair – Boys’ hair must be trimmed and combed so that is neat, off the collar, off the ears, and not hanging below the eyebrows. Girls’ hair should be neatly combed or styled, neat bows, barrettes, headbands, and “scrunchies” are permissible but must match skirt colors. Hair must be natural looking in color.
Jewelry – All jewelry should be subtle and tastefully matched to the uniform. Girls may wear one pair of short earrings only on the ear lobes. “Short” means that the earrings should not hang more than ½ inch below the ear lobe. Loops are not to be larger than the size of a nickel. For each student, one simple ring on each hand is permitted. One wrist bracelet, one watch, and one small necklace are permissible.
Girls Makeup – Makeup is permitted and should be applied tastefully and in moderation. Fingernails should not be excessively long and may only be painted in shades of red or pink and colors matching one’s skin tone, French manicures are acceptable.
Outerwear – Sweaters and sweatshirts may be worn for warmth before and after school but must be stored in lockers and remain in during school hours. NPX uniform sweaters may be worn throughout the school day.
And – Students will bear no tattoos, temporary or permanent, including pen and ink writing and drawings on the skin.