Athletics provides a balance of experiences that contribute to the development of learning and emotional skills that enable the student to achieve maximum benefit from his or her education. Participation in an athletic activity is not a required component of the NPX curriculum, but we strongly encourage all children to participate on a team sport at North Phoenix Prep.
- To use athletic participation as an opportunity to help develop trustworthiness, responsibility, respect, fairness, caring, and citizenship.
- To compete with sportsmanship and respect for the opposition.
- To win and lose with humility and dignity.
- To teach the importance of fulfilling commitments.
- To teach the values of hard work, competition, cooperation, and perseverance.
- To develop a sense of self-worth and self-control.
- To develop an attitude which will contribute positively to lifelong health.
- To have fun.